- This event has passed.
Behavioral Issues, Conflict & Incivility in the Workplace
Overview: Behavioral issues in the workplace are inevitable. Whenever you have diverse groups of people working together, issues will arise. Each employee brings to the workplace a unique set of attitudes, ideals and beliefs that may differ from that of their coworkers. In addition to behavioral issues, the issue of workplace incivility and the negative impact it has on your organization’s culture is monumental. Unresolved behavioral issues often result in loss of revenue, lessening of productivity, the stifling of creativity, and the creation of barriers to cooperation and collaboration.
It is helpful to view behavioral issues as opportunities. Within every employee issue, there is the potential for tremendous teaching and learning opportunities. There is also the potential for growth and development. When you address divergent positions properly, you can stimulate innovation and learning in ways you cannot imagine.
Problematic behavior usually develops over time. As a Manager, the more proactive you are in dealing with these problems, the more likely it is that you will increase your chances for a positive outcome. Issues that are avoided or ignored will only fester and grow into resentment.
Participation in this webinar will provide participants with the necessary tools and information to effectively and confidently address workplace issues in their organization.
Areas Covered in This Session
- The high cost of performance and productivity problems
- Defining behavioral issues, conflict and incivility in the workplace
- What creates behavioral issues?
- Positive and negative outcomes of conflict
- Conflict resolution styles
- Addressing behavioral issues
- Civility vs. Incivility
- Dealing with bullying and the impact it has on your organization
- Steps to successful resolution of issues
- Working knowledge of employment law
- Conducting investigations
- Business goals of an investigation
- Appointing the right investigator
- The interview process
- Importance of solid documentation
- Role of performance management dealing with behavioral issues
- Effective methods for supplying feedback to employees
- Progressive discipline
- When to involve legal counsel
- Best practices for a healthy workplace
Who Will Benefit?
- Senior Leadership
- Human Resources Professionals
- Compliance Professionals
- Project Leaders
- Managers & Supervisors