- This event has passed.
aPHR™ 5- Week Exam Preparation Course
Advantage HR Consulting, LLC
aPHR™ 5- Week Exam Preparation Course
February 10, 2020 to March 11, 2020
Are you seeking a career in Human Resources or are you new to the HR profession? You might be asking yourself if it’s necessary to earn a HR certification considering the commitment and investment of the time and money involved.
The Associate Professional in Human Resources™ (aPHR™) is the first-ever HR certification designed for professionals who are launching into the HR profession or looking to fast-track their HR career. Attainment of the aPHR™ certification confirms your knowledge of the functional areas of the Human Resources body of knowledge and demonstrates your commitment to pursuing a career in Human Resources.
Our live, interactive 5-week aPHR™ exam preparation program covers what you need to know in order to pass the aPHRÔ exam and will serve as your catalyst to attaining this coveted certification. You’ll receive 20 hours of instruction designed to prepare you to sit for and pass the exam on the first try. We will meet Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. CST beginning February 10, 2020.
Eligibility to sit for the exam is based on a high school diploma or the equivalent, and no HR experience needed since the exam is knowledge based.
The program kicks off by assisting you in:
- Understanding exam content and weighting by functional HR areas
- Knowing what to expect on the exam
- Understanding how the exam is scored
- Becoming familiar with the exam’s structure and the types of questions you’ll encounter
- Understanding the exam registration process and associated exam fees
Our exam preparation program focuses on the 6 functional areas of HR on which the aPHR™ exam is based:
- Functional Area 1 – HR Operation
- Functional Area 2 – Recruitment and Selection
- Functional Area 3 – Compensation and Benefits
- Functional Area 4 – Human Resource Development and Retention
- Functional Area 5 – Employee Relations
- Functional Area 6 – Health, Safety and Security
Upon registration for this program, you will receive the following training materials:
- HRReview’s comprehensive study outlines for each of the six HR Certification Institute aPHR Exam content outline functional areas
- Exam tips
- Important employment and labor legislation
- Several hundred multiple-choice questions with detailed answers and the rationale for the correct answers
- AudioReview CD package with recorded terms and definitions
- Electronic and downloadable printed flashcards
- Free audio coaching session
- Unlimited online final exams
- The eBook, Human Resource Management Essential Perspectives by Mathis, Jackson, and Valentine.
How to Enroll
Upon purchase of the program, a registration link will be emailed to you. Exam preparation study materials will be shipped to you upon completion of the registration process.
Distinguish yourself from your peers and fast-track your HR career growth by obtaining your aPHRÔ certification. Advantage HR Consulting’s exam preparation program will provide you with what you need to attain this coveted certification.
Your Instructor –
Diane L. Dee, President and Founder of Advantage HR Consulting, LLC is a senior Human Resources professional with over 25 years of experience in the HR arena. Diane’s background includes experience in HR consulting, training and administration in corporate, government, consulting and pro bono environments.
Diane founded Advantage HR Consulting in early 2016. Under Diane’s leadership, Advantage HR Consulting provides comprehensive, cost-effective Human Resources solutions for small to mid-sized public and private firms in the greater Chicagoland area. Diane also develops and conducts webinars on a wide-variety of HR compliance and administrative topics for various training firms across the country in addition to providing comprehensive PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exam preparation programs. Additionally, Diane is the author of multiple white papers and e-books addressing various HR compliance topics.
Diane holds a Master Certificate in Human Resources from Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations and has attained SPHR and SHRM-SCP certification. Diane is a member of the National Association of Women Business Owners and the Society for Human Resource Management. Additionally, Diane performs pro bono work through the Taproot Foundation assisting non-profit clients by integrating their Human Resources goals with their corporate strategies.